Is your website bringing you clients and customers and increased sales? It should be. Or do you even have a website? You definitely should! One of the more vital aspects of SEO consists of making your website simple for both users and search engine robots to understand. Although the main search engines such as Google, Mozilla, Yahoo and Bing have become progressively refined, they are still unable to see and understand a web page in the same manner as a person. This is where SEO comes in, as it assists the search engines in understanding what each page on your website is about, and how it may or may not be useful for visitors.
Search engine optimization, or SEO, consists of a set of rules that can be followed by website owners to augment their websites for various search engines and consequently increase search engine rankings. Additionally, SEO is a fantastic way to boost the quality of your website by making them specifically user- friendly, considerably quicker, and much easier to navigate.
Any business person, blogger or website owner needs to know that all websites operate in a highly competitive market. Therefore, the importance of SEO should not be taken lightly if you seek to draw users to your website. Search engines serve countless millions of Internet users (even mobile users) each day who are searching for specific answers to their questions or for trustworthy solutions. So what else makes SEO so important?
If you are like most people who use the Internet, you are more likely to click on the first page of the results, and more specifically, the top 3-5 suggestions of your search. Think about all those other suggestions that are not getting traffic to their pages! Is that where your website is? Does it even appear on the first page, or is it relegated to the third or fourth page? If so, you are losing potential customers and sales. This is why SEO is imperative for contemporary website owners. If you are serious about attracting clients and enhancing sales or visits, you need to take advantage of SEO and increase the number of visitors to your website. Here are 5 reasons why SEO is essential for any website owner:
- Search engine users frequent their favorite search engine because they have faith in the results they are provided with. Consequently, being featured at the top of the first page of results or suggestions is vital. Keywords the user is using to search amplifies the website’s trust rating.
- Keep in mind that SEO is not just about search engines. Instead, quality or SEO best practices enhance the user experience and overall usability of any website. Your website should be easy to navigate and load quickly.
- SEO is also very useful for promoting your website on social media platforms. Individuals who locate your website by searching with the various search engines are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ or many other social media platforms. This is to your benefit.
- If you happen to have a large website, SEO is vital for making it function smoothly. Additionally, websites with more than one author can take advantage from SEO in a direct and indirect way. The direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic and the indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to utilize prior to publishing any content on the website.
- Finally, and this is not to say these tips are exhaustive, SEO is able to place your page ahead of your competition. Consider this. Let’s say your website offers the same product, service or content as another website. SEO provides your website with increased chances to attract more clients thus resulting in more hits or sales.
In future blogs, we’ll delve a little deeper into SEO and how it works to your benefit. In the meantime, feel free to contact us today to take care of your website needs. You will certainly be glad you did.